Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Amigurumi Snail



My somewhat ambitions second project! After finishing my Badly Crocheted First Scarf I decided to do what I always wanted to do: make an amigurumi plushie. In order to get myself leveled up enough to pull it off, I brought some yarn and hooks with me to game night (we play Exalted) and practiced basic stuff and attempted to figure out how to crochet in the round. I failed. It wasn't until later that night when I was at home that I figured it out and decided to make one for a gift. I came across this handy amigurumi pattern directory and found the snail pattern I would use. Thank you very much, Knotty, for making such a wonderful pattern!. The next day I went to Michael's because they were having a yarn sale and bought a bunch of little skeins of Sugar 'n Cream yarn for 4 for $5 and began work! I had no real trouble except that I lost count a few times and I failed to use markers as much as I should have. Thankfully, it turned out decently in the end! Except... that I didn't know there was a right and wrong side for these things... so he's inside out. But he's still cute, right? So it's OK.

By the way, the recipient loves snails and she thought it was adorable. Merry Late Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I am the designer of the snail pattern you have on your site, and you did such a good job with him! So cute! I just wanted to know if it was alright with you if I posted a picture of your finished snail on my blog. I am trying to build a photo group of amigurumi's made from my patterns. You can check the blog out at http://amigurumibyknotty.blogspot.com/
    Thanks!
    Shena

    ReplyDelete