Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dad's Hat


Dad works offshore on oil rigs and it's really cold here (Freezing weather in Texas!?!?), so I offered to crochet him something. He requested a hat, since he can't wear scarves offshore for safety reasons, and I found this pattern at Crafty Christina's blog and decided to make him one because I was sure he'd like the simple but nice look over something frilly because, well, he's a guy. It's a bit longer than the one she made for her husband at my dad's request. The wig head makes it look enormous, but wig heads are smaller than actual human heads and it fits a human head wonderfully. Hopefully it will keep his ears and his bald spot warm.

The black yarn is Lion Brand Wool Ease and the brown is the same Loops & Threads Impeccable worsted yarn in chocolate that I used in my previous hat. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment